Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm a Rambler and Rover ...

The latest news comes from Nicole Morey 77-81 fourcsmv@gis.net Nicole lives on the Vineyard year-round. She writes: "We had a busy summer. My son, Liam, (12) and Ienjoyed a week aboard the Shenandoah with his West Tisbury classmates. Lots of jumping off the boat but only two days sailing due to lack of wind& visibility. The best was watching the kids swabbing the deck every morning at 7am! He loved the Sail MV program at VSC & won pirate day. Walking up & down that hill brought back memories. The path to Comet is totally overgrown. We went to the Boston Pops concert in Ocean Park. Spent time at the Farm Institute in Katama where Liam is a Farmer-In-Training. We did get off island & went to Cardigan Lodge in NH for a weekend. A VSC reunion would be great - we could rent the Mainstay...Take care,Nicole"

4 comments:

cindy connolly said...

Hello to fellow VSC folks. I recognize and remember many of you who have posted. What a pleasant surprize to find this site! I was at VSC from 1970-1978? as a camper, CIT and waterfont counselor. I loved every bit of my experience and still miss it. (I'm not sure I have forgiven the Girl Scouts for selling VSC). I have a cassette tape of camp songs somewhere. Now I'm going to have to dig it out and listen to it. I live in Wisconsin about a mile from Lake Michigan (I can't live to far from water!). I have a 18 ft sailboat which I sail on Lake Michigan. I've been a social worker for 17 years. For the last 10 years I have been working primarily with emotionally disturbed kids and their families. Take care all.

Sue Rapple said...

Cindy Connolly,

So great to hear from you! I still remember you on the waterfront in your 1970s bathing suit with zinc oxide on your nose! Heidi Duncanson has just created a new Vineyard Sailing Camp alumni group on Facebook. Check it out. Also, the next time you write, include you email address so everyone can be in touch!

All the best,
Rapple

Tuva42 said...

Hi Sue, I attended VSC in '74 & '75. There were 4 of us who came from KY to camp, myself, Heather, Cricket and Randy, plus my older sister Lyn who was a sailing counselor at VSC. She was called Sugar Magnolia (or just Sugar)because of her southern accent. I haven't been back to the Vineyard since '97, but we are heading up there this weekend. Can't wait to show my girls (both Scouts) the old camp. Sugar and I both still live in KY, but we don't get to sail much. Just took my GS troop canoeing though, does that count? Heather is living in Virginia and visits the Cape regularly. I've lost touch with Randy. I'm very sad to say that Crickett lost her battle with breast cancer in 1981.

Unknown said...

Kim Jensen - VSC 1974 - 1979!